12.30.2009

Vanilla


Could it get any more plain and unsurprising? Really people, it's just vanilla.

I've never been a risk taker. I don't like unplanned situations and as much as I hate routine, I do enjoy knowing tomorrow is going to suck as much as today. I've never been the kind to do things on impulse (except spending money), and as some of you know, it makes me uncomfortable to meet new people.

I don't sleep around, never did. I was never the kind to date an array of people, or mess around with those I did befriend. Hell, I was always that one with the 'gorgeous face' but when people saw I was big...well...yeah I guess I didn't have much choice as to messing around with anyone. Run from the walrus, kiddies!! Lol. Alas, I digress.

I don't go clubbing, I read a lot though. I enjoy documentaries and random things make me cry. What brings me to tears? Discovery Channel commercials, beautiful worlds that don't exist (i.e. Avatar scenes at night where everything glows) and this video right here:



I'm serious...I just cried for a good 5 minutes over that little animated kiwi.

I like being a homebody, staying in and watching old and new movies curled up under the blankets. I don't have big dreams, and if I do, I'm afraid to chase after them. I like safe. I hate eye contact, but then people think I'm being weird and evasive.

So this is me: vanilla. Plain and expected. Sitting in a little dish waiting for other flavors to combine with me and make me special...because by myself I'm not too impressive.

So now I'll go to bed wondering if, at 25, it's starting to get too late to be bold. To make the first move. To stop being self concious about how I look and afraid of rejection. To one day get in my car and drive to my special happy place without telling anyone where I'm going and why. To be free if only for a few hours. I wonder if I'll have anything important to share about myself when I'm old, or if it will be a life full of would've, could've and should've.

That poor little kiwi...it died. But it flew, first.

2 comments:

  1. i didn't cry...strange, i've been crying all day. maybe i'm out of tears? and if you are vanilla, what am i? i'll be the dented rusty silver colored ice cream dish that everyone sits in for a while, then leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...you don't see it die, so how do you know it dies? It flies and flies. Do you know for certain it didn't have a large stack of mattresses below? I mean it went to all that trouble to pull those trees up and nail them to the side of the cliff, repeatedly over and over. Don't you think it would have had a plan to "live the dream" and "experience the dream" then go one with life? Just my two cents, and my two cents is free. I didn't see death, I saw something experience a life it couldn't normally have by planning it out then experiencing it!

    ReplyDelete