12.31.2009

It's just a number...


right? What number? Oh, 2009. What's the big deal about celebrating a new year anyways? Is it a celebration that we made it out of a horrible year in one piece? Are we really that excited that a whole new year is about to start...not so much a new beginning but doing everything ALL over again? Let's celebrate getting older! What?! Getting excited about being a year older lost it's magic when I reached 18. Now it's just a number. The year 2010 is just a number, meaningless if you don't plan to do things differently this time around. My friend Molly pretty much covered this already in her blog.

So I'm not gonna go off the deep end explaining what I wish the new year would bring, because when the clock hits tonight it will still feel like 2009. It'll just be staying up late on a Thursday night, like every other night in my life. Tomorrow? It'll just be a Friday off work (but still on call), in which almost everything will be closed and I'll once again be pissed off I have nowhere to go eat. Monday? Monday will just be Monday. Another work day, a busy one at that...and I'll spend the following week reminding myself to write 10 instead of 09 at on my dates.

So here's to a new decade, people of the world. May your bad moments be brief and you find yourself with someone to face them with. May your good moments remain longer in your memory, and may you become grateful of what you have...no matter how small or insignificant it may seem. To those who came into my life this year and changed it for the better: thank you and I sincerely love you. The few of you that came into it to leave me broken and abandoned: thank you and I wish you well. I could love you too, but that would mean I didn't learn my lesson.

The year is over...and it's just a number. A number that means time, and that time is flying by. Make the most of it.

1 comment: