12.23.2009

Speed Reading


Also...

I read this book in exactly 24 hours. I had not laughed that much in a long long time. It was great, not at all a self pity book (well the character was full of it but I didn't read it to identify with it, I actually thought the vintage cover was alluring) and the awkward moments were just...I'm speechless.

It did, however, have a horrible ending. I mean the type of ending that makes you want to cry and sob your heart out because it's not the feel good finale you were expecting. It was realism at its best. Real life ending...sad Yari heart.

"Maybe that's why falling in love becomes so important. The hope of it. Because it's the last standing pillar in the temple of thrill."
~Heather McElhatton, "Jennifer Johnson is Sick of being Single"

No comments:

Post a Comment