8.16.2009

Throw Me Out Already!


I made it through another week.

I'm feeling like that worn out, empty little box that once held delicious treats in it. Yup, that's me.

I once was new and shiny, with an unbroken seal. I was full of treats everyone shared with everyone else. I controlled your hunger while you got to eat a meal that would satisfy you. I gave you that cool breath you could use to impress someone else. You kept me at the bottom of your linty pocket, and never thought twice about me until some crisis where my assistance and deliciousness was needed.

Now I sit here, on your counter...shelf...in a random trashcan. I still smell sweet if you flip me open but I no longer hold anything inside me. I'm empty. Discarded. I'm only a faded proof of something that held all you needed once. But...

It's okay. I'm on my way to being recycled into something else. Just think...in a few weeks I'll be a stamp or something...

And all of you will be licking my ass. I get the last laugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment