8.24.2009

Don't Hit Bong Before Bed...


So I had another questionable dream last night...shocking I know.

I was touring Martha's Vineyard in a tiny Ford Fiesta with Gita driving, Shane in the front seat (I guess I got used to him being in the front with his uber long legs lol), and Cath and myself in the back seat crammed sideways. It's the first time I've dreamed of Gita, that was very pleasant and her voice was sooo soothing. She kept showing us points of interest, with Martha's Vineyard looking more like a remote village in Guatemala. We passed a tribe of, what I presume were Amazon aboriginals (I guess they were touring Martha's Vineyard too?) and one of them had a hat in shape of a shark on it. I heard Shane mumble "this is so surreal" and Cathy retorted "tourists are retahded"...and I'm pretty sure I giggled in my sleep.

Suddenly we were crossing this...bay looking sort of body of water. I stuck half my body out through the sunroof and put my hand on top of my eyes to shade myself from the clouds (it wasn't sunny), and fancied myself an admiral of sorts. I started telling Gita to be careful, because the road ahead went right through the bay...and it wasn't a road it was more of a..pathway made of a sand that was quickly disolving. I asked my fellow passengers "Aren't these people afraid of the shark?" Everyone in the car was on edge as well, turns out twilight was approaching fast and the water was turning violent, gray and murky. I looked to the right side of the sloshy road, and saw a beautiful view of Mt. Kilimanjaro and instead of the bay it looked like a lake with people boating. To the left side of the now almost non-existant sand bank, I looked and it was a dead angry sea. Moms and their babies playing happily in it by the side of the road. I kept telling them that the weather and the shark were bad news to them, they waved and wished me a good trip...So I snuck back in the car to find now it was a limousine. I told the group "you know they're all smiles and jokes until one bitch screams at the top of her lungs 'shh..shh..sharrk!', and by then someone's hairy leg is gone." That was it! I knew how to save the people, but I had to act quick because Gita was now flying down the road reaching the other side of the bay/jungle. So I stick my head out the window and yell "SHAAAAARK!!!! SH..SHAAARK!!!" and look at them with my best panic face...only to have them throw coconuts at me and break my glasses...

The dream gets kinda hazy from there, I think cuz my nose was bleeding and the car was full of dried coconuts that looked like dried voodoo shrunk heads. Cathy was wiping my nose and laughing. Shane kept flipping his cell phone open looking for a signal and sighing frustrated. Apparently his mom was also in Martha's Vineyard while we were vacationing there and we were supposed to meet for dinner but she wasn't answering her phone. Gita started arguing in french with an aboriginal that wouldn't let her park on the dock unless she put on a coconut shell bikini top. Cathy pulled out a bottle of wine from her tiny purse and told me to wash my face with it because I looked like a bruised orphan...

Last thing I remember is the taste of wine and dirt and blood in my mouth...

Go ahead. Have me committed. I think I've lost my marbles.
Take the way home that leads back to sullivan street
Past the shadows that fall down wherever we meet
Pretty soon now I wont come around
Im almost drowning in her sea
Shes nearly fallen to her knees.
- Sullivan St., Counting Crows

2 comments:

  1. lmfao...I had a bad dream last night and the night before, but there's no way i'm posting them lest people be offended. And by people, I mean No One. lmao. i love your dream and yah, i'd so have a bottle of wine in my purse, you know i would...dude, thats like a cross between yahoo, our boston trip and Jaws, our favoirit movie. I can hear that woman in the movie, you know, the crackhead hippy yelling Shh shh shaaaark! You kill me! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually that sounds a bit like that book by err that guy. Uh! One hundred years of solitude by Gabriel García Márquez. I'm sure you've read it, but if you haven't, do! See me soon dahlin XX

    ReplyDelete