8.19.2009

Squeak Squeak!


I decided to blog this early in the morning because, hell, it seems I only blog when I’m down.

Swing is going back up at the moment. Chest doesn’t feel empty or heavy. It’s such a beautiful morning in this little town. The sun is shining brightly but it’s not hot yet, there’s still that cool early day breeze going on. The streets weren’t too crowded, so the drive to work was rather pleasant. Sure, I was stuck behind the girl yapping on the cell phone going 35 mph on a 50 zone with her blinker on, but even that didn’t seem to phase me. I patiently tailgated her ass till I reached my exit on Grandview.

I woke up early this morning, didn’t hit the snooze button and had enough time to go through my favorite breakfast drive-thru – Taco Villa. There wasn’t a line, and I treated myself to a nice breakfast burrito with two, yes TWO, extra large diet cokes. Oh the huge manatee! (kudos to those of you who got that last line). So instead of crossing through the parking lot and taking the shortest route to my office, I pulled back on Grandview and took the back street that takes me right in front of Permian High School. As I drove by, windows rolled down and wind softly hitting me, I looked at the high school marching band practice outside the school in the parking lot. They sounded pretty good, upbeat, they all look so young, full of dreams. The guys were in the field practicing football runs – yes, I work by THE Mojo. A few of you who don’t live in Odessa might not know this…but the movie Friday Night Lights was based on this lil piece of country right here. Anyways, this is small town America I guess. Something I used to only see on t.v. growing up on PR. There were no marching bands in high school over there, no cheerleaders, no football. We are all beach bums over there, each place has its magic I reckon.

So I’m at the office right now, it’s very quite aside from the high school band songs I can hear through these walls. We’re only a few hundred feet away. I even saw a grasshopper, my eternal enemy, on the wall besides the door to come into my office. I didn’t feel the surge of panic I usually feel…but yeah I totally ran the opposite way and made the doc flick it off the wall. I hate bugs…and frogs…and by hate I mean I totally freak out if it’s within 10 feet from me. A frog attacked me in Boston. A grasshopper stared me down yesterday. I need to work on my phobias.


Deep beneath the cover, of another perfect wonder

where it's so white as snow.

Finally divided by a word so undecided

and there's nowhere to go;


In between the cover, of another perfect wonder

where it's so white as snow.

Running through the field, where all my tracks will be concealed

and there's nowhere to go.

-RHCP "Snow (Hey Oh)"

No comments:

Post a Comment