9.08.2009

Weird Dream and Reading Update


The night started off with my normal pattern for the past few nights...looking at the candle on the dresser, my bones achey and my pile of books next to the bed. A few posts down you can see a picture I took with my cell of my current read list.

I'm in the middle of The Reader by Berhard Schlink. It started off a little slow for my liking but has, quickly, consumed me the past few nights. Pretty much involves post-WWII nazi trials, coming of age/mild romantic threads thrown in...it's getting a bit sad and tense. I'm also spending some time practicing guitar lessons, which seem to come by easier in just 2 weeks :).

Now then, my ever amusing dreams. Latest one goes:

I'm in the middle of the ocean kinda just floating there. The sky is gray and it's starting to rain and, of course, I'm panicking because I can't see if there's sharks around me due to the black'ish water (of course there's sharks are ya kidding me?). I hear thunder and start swimming towards a random direction. There's no land in sight anywhere. I lay on my back and let the cool raindrops hit my face, I figure I'll float and save energy...and I wont see anything coming towards me. All of a sudden I feel my head bump into something hollow, I look up and it's a nice sized boat with Scott, Cathy and Dave looking at me from the side of the ship. Scott says "Are you done swimming with the ghosts, ya fuckin idiot.", smiling and shaking his head. I giggle and Cathy reaches down and her arms are sort of elastic, reaching all the way down the side of the ship (a good 20' tall) and she cradles me in the water and pulls me up like a baby.

I'm on the ship and Dave brings me a baby boy bundled up in a blue fleece blanket, Dave's making the baby laugh and he passes him to me. Dave says, "good kid but I'm not very good at babysitting, you can have him back." He walks away and starts painting the windows of the ship with acrylic paint, an autumn pattern with bright red leaves. I'm cuddling my baby, and I notice he has Down's Syndrome - and at the same time I notice a man at the edge of the ship, I dont know him, but he's pointing at my son and saying 'lil freak you got there'. At this point Cathy takes my son, his name is embroidered on the blanket "Joshua". So she takes Joshua and Scott knows I'm fixing to woop ass, and tries holding me back saying "Now haven't we learned yet to ignore the attention seeking monkeys?", but I can't be bothered.

I get up to this guy's face and, I know him but I can't think of a name, wail on his face screaming 'Joshua is perfect just how he is, you on the other hand are a monster'. He pushes me aside and grabs Joshua and throws him overboard, Scott gets on an umbrella and floats down to the sea, grabs Josh and kinda hovers alongside us protecting him from the chaos of the boat. Dave is now furiously painting everything in sight with large purple smileys (wtf?) and screaming "You had a chance Yari, now your hair is all fucked up." I see Dave run really fast and take off flying from the deck. I look at Cathy, and she's laughing hysterically leaning against a wall with hearts painted on her cheeks. She says, "Only you Yari, Only you." I have no choice but to laugh, pick her up piggy back style and get on an umbrella myself and follow Scott and Josh over the murky seas to a pier (boston). I dry Joshua and dress him in a cute denim overall and a tiny Braves baseball cap. He's a cute happy kid with awesome dimples, and I feel so much love for him I can't even describe.

Eventually we sit down to eat and Scott is puffing a cigar and blowing it on my son's face, I literally slap his face and the cigar opens like a flower (just like the cartoons) and Scott mumbles. Cathy decides to go flying a kite off the harbor, and when I look up, her kite IS Dave, wearing a roman costume...

Josh starts fussing, Dave yells "Give him his vitamins and soy milk" from the sky. I do so and wake up in the middle of Scott telling me to cut Cathy's kite string and see how far Dave will fly...

How's that for a dream :).

1 comment:

  1. oh my god! this is freaking histerical! I laughed so hard i cried! Dave and his vitamins, scott and his monkeys, me and my kite...hmmm. I want dreams like yours! :)
    love you! hahahahahahah <3

    ReplyDelete