9.06.2009

...

I'm in no mood to write. It's a long 4 day weekend and the last thing I wanted to do was open this fucking laptop. I despise it. I want nothing to do with it. I feel safe away from it.

I'm tired of emotional drainers that have nothing else to do but suck what little joy I have out of me. How can I take a break from them? Away from this laptop.

I'm sick, I've had a fever for 2 days and my throat hurts...a good ole end of summer throat infection/cold. My bones ache, been in bed most of the time or if I'm up I'm out of the house to avoid the lethargic dull brain sucking that being online is to me lately.

I told ya'll I would go into my cocoon. Don't take it personal. I have my books, I have diet coke, the people I love I can text or call or visit. This is just a slight note letting ya'll know that No, I'm not dead. Maybe when I feel better physically will I have the energy to fire up the laptop and both blog and chat. But I feel on edge, and the people that haven't done a thing will pay for it if I don't back away for a few days and go back to neutral.

That is all.

P.S. I finished The Graveyard Book and Flowers for Algernon in 2 days. Graveyard Book left me on a high...quickly smashed by Flowers for Algernon - which reminded me of the following lyrics from "The Pretender" by Foo Fighters. This is for you Charlie Gordon.


"I'm the voice inside your head
You refuse to hear
I'm the face that you have to face
Mirrored in your stare
I'm what's left, I'm what's right
I'm the enemy
I'm the hand that will take you down
Bring you to your knees."

1 comment:

  1. :( Feel better soon, my dear. Have some fun, do whatever you need to do to be happy and i'll be happy too. Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete