9.28.2009

Diabeeetus Update



Just wanted to give you all a minor update on my medical stuff. Yes, I know, you are at the edge of your seat waiting for it.

My sugar levels have finally stayed under 200 (normal range should be between 70 - 120) yesterday all day. Hopefully once the antibiotics kill off the strep infection I'm having those levels will continue to go down. I'm down to about 1200 calories a day, sometimes less. I'm walking every day, up to 45 mins to an hour. I seem to enjoy walking at the park more, gives me time to think and the music on my playlist seems to make my mind drift away into a world where walking is not mindsuckingly dull.

Breakfast consists of some "diet bread". Nature's Own has sliced wheat bread, 2 slices have 19g of carbs which is excellent. I usually have a sugar free pb and sugar free strawberry jam sammich in the am with one egg (usually scrambled). My sugar seems to not go so high when I have that. Oatmeal seems to raise it inmensely, even with fat free milk and splenda. I've developed a sleeping pattern and I wake up every day at the same time for breakfast. That has helped inmensely, having some sort of routine. For snacks I usually have a sugar free Jello cup or 1/4 cup of lightly salted roasted soy nuts. Also acceptable for a snack is a slice of bread with 1/4 cup of cottage cheese. For lunch and dinner I alternate between salads, soups and salads, baked potato and salad, 4 oz of grilled fish-chicken-beef w/ steamed veggies and *gulp* salad. I've cut down my Diet Coke intake to once a day. Overall I'm trying hard to take care and not go on insulin. I've lost 3 lbs since last Tuesday. Yay me!

Here's a sample of my playlist when I'm walking:

"Kiss You Better" - Maximo Park

"Superman" - Soulja Boy (yes, cue the eyeroll, this isn't my normal type of music lol)

"Guayale el Mahon" - Wisin Y Yandell (what can I say, I'm ghettotastic)

"Us" - Regina Spektor

"Supermassive Blackhole" - Muse

"Tierra del Olvido" - Carlos Vives

"Neon Tiger" - The Killers

"All I Really Want" - Alanis Morissette

"Tears in my Beer" - The Specials

"Tessie" - Drop Kick Murphys

"Hey Ya" - Outkast

"Tilt A Whirl" - ICP

And any array of Pearl Jam/The Editors/Pink (yes I said Pink)/some dance-electronica :)

I'd keep listing but it's luncho time, and here it is:



2 comments:

  1. yay for you indeed! i'm so proud of you! Keep going honey, its working!!!! love you! <3

    ReplyDelete