7.09.2010

It Happens, Oh Well


Walking through the cemetery

I stumbled on a scene, dreary-

Rain began to reach the ground,

When I heard the mournful sound.


I saw the angel gently weep

On churchyard steps, broken deep-

I heard the cries through hollow walls

Her sobs filling empty halls.


I knelt beside the broken wing,

Who'd beat about this loving being?

White, pure robes soiled with blood,

Her knees and hands covered in mud.


“Dear, are you well?” I asked softly

Reaching to fix her hair gently-

I felt her tremble, flinch away

Her golden eyes full of dismay.


“I saw his light, and blindly fell,

For him I faced the darkest hell.

I gave up heaven’s peaceful choir,

To be his object of desire.”


Cradling her body, fragile glass,

I held on till her last breath passed.

Never knowing her source of pain,

I kept on walking in the rain.


Droplets mixed with my own tears,

The world seemed dead, full of fear.

No one will love, like she did –free –

Nor give their trust so willingly.


My heavy steps slowed to a stroll,

Her absence taking such a toll –

A broken angel’s body told,

How this world leaves the bold.

~Y.I.P 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment