7.28.2010

Frida who? Yer mutha...

Light brushstrokes across my canvas
A single one nothing, together a place
Within the sea of deep greens and purples
A hint of gold surrounding your face.

Even Renoir in his greatest endeavors
Could never conjure an image as sweet
As the one I sketch on a blank pillow
The nights I find you invading my sleep.

A few more touches, I'm almost done
Today I paint you with a solemn look
The one you wore when I spoke of 'us',
The chill of your eyes. I understood.

All done. I hang you on the wall.
Top row, towards the left corner
Belonging there, looking different all
Random repetition, created in order.

Hundreds of your colorful stills.
I pick up a new canvas, start anew
I'll paint something different, really I will...
Or perhaps you again, in a new shade of blue.

~Y.I.P

1 comment: