10.30.2009

Land on Boardwalk, Pass 'GO' & go directly to Gmail..


The dice rolled awkwardly across the uneven board, clanking louder than I felt comfortable with.

I barely registered the number it landed on, and moved my piece to the next stop somewhat absent-minded and sneaking a third look at my cell phone. I let out a disappointed sigh, and simply pressed the screen to make it light up and show me the time. I had only put the phone down 3 minutes ago? Oh.

Back to the game, I guess so. Pay up the rent for landing on the hotel property, sideways glance at phone, no light blinking. Right. The game. I'm losing, my dad's taunting me...but I'm not really paying attention. What's that?! It's blinking! I grab the phone and check the messages...spam mail. Oh.

Funny how one can grow accustomed and sort of addicted to a blinking light. No emails. Well, nothing apart from spam anyways. I rolled the dice. My turn to pay again...

Maybe it'll blink again when I least expect it.


"And it's okay if you have go away
Oh just remember the telephone works both ways
And if I never ever hear them ring
If nothing else I'll think the bells inside
Have finally found you someone else and that's okay
Cause I'll remember everything you say."

2 comments:

  1. always, and it never gets old to see the green blink blink with you in it <3

    ReplyDelete