4.19.2010

Undated, Unmailed Letter


Dear _______ :

Here I sit, with my heart attached to the tip of my pen and the ink that pours into the paper almost seems like blood. It's bubbling out with each word, with every minimal stroke.

I stare out the window, almost forgetting that this page is all I have to give you. I wish I could give you the feeling I get when I see the breeze playing through the trees outside, making the branches sway and its leaves dance. I makes me imagine us sitting on the steps of an old porch, listening to the wind chimes serenade us, as I wrap my arms around you...pressing my lips on the back of your neck. I can almost feel my fingers running slowly through your hair, tracing the crazy pattern of your curls.

I wish this piece of paper could hold in it the warmth that spreads through my whole body, the relaxation that runs from my toes to my lungs as your name fills my mind. It's almost like the sheer thought of you makes me release the the weight of the world from my shoulders, destroying my worries in a swift release of the air that's been crowding my lungs. Tears of happiness well up in my eyes when I look up at the bluest skies above me, knowing that this must be what it looks like to stare into your eyes. Clear, bright, endless. Songs that were just music before, well, they now seem to fill up my life with words I wish I had come up with to say to you first.

So, in this warm faded couch, I sketch my feelings for you in syllables and metaphors. I sit and wait endlessly for life to grace me with a few seconds next to you. The repetitive fears and inane questions inundate my silent moments when no one is around and overwhelm me when I don't hear from you for an extended period of time. Have you forgotten me? Did you wake up today and realize what I had feared all along? That I was not nor will I ever be good enough to deserve you in my short years on this planet? Do you love me like I love you?

I'll crumple up this letter, and never mail it out. I'll remain enthralled in the beauty you pour into my days. No sense in putting a check box at the bottom of this. Yes or No would not cover the intensity of my feelings. But...a day will never go by without me ensuring that you know that I love you. With every corner of my heart, and everything that fills it and makes it beat every day.

Love Always,
Yari

No comments:

Post a Comment