4.29.2010

Oh Brother...Where Art Thou?


"When I was young my mom bought me a twin bed.
I always wondered where my brother was."


I read this today on Twitter. I know it was meant to be witty, funny or any other range of emotions. But it made me sad.

I used to wonder why I was the only kid around with no older/younger siblings. Sure, I got the good side of things like being semi-spoiled (as much as a lower income family can get for their kid), I didn't have to share and I would always be daddy's princess.

I also never had someone to share the memories with, to fight and make up with, to protect or that protected me, to be there for me when I thought I hated mom and dad, to cover for me or tell on me...

Maybe that's why I cling to what little friends I have. Maybe that's why they hurt me easily, because I let them in too easy. I open up for them in a heartbeat, and they're buried deep within me forever...

That's what she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment