3.15.2011

Quiet


Silence is my enemy.

I used to think I was afraid of the dark...maybe I'm just afraid of the silence that usually accompanies it.

The quiet is a perfect place for my brain to turn on me, and I can't escape that. The lack of distracting noises, conversation...music...the lack of any noise opens the gates in my head and I can't stop myself from jumping from fear to fear. From regret to regret. From worry to worry.

I'm tired of that perpetual feeling of doom in the pit of my stomach...of needing reassurance everything is okay.

I hate the silence.

2 comments:

  1. me too. I sleep with headphones on. :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to have something on the TV when I go to sleep. I used to be absolutely opposite. Had to have complete darkness and silence to sleep. Of course, that's when I was a child and had no legitimate worries in this world. Ain't it funny how when we're children we can't wait to be adults and vice versa?

    ReplyDelete