3.18.2011

Prison Breaks and Getting Caught


Last night, I fell asleep watching Scrubs...So, naturally:

I am in the middle of a prison riot. We're all wearing blue jumpers, light blue and the prison itself has no roof, so there's a light drizzle making everything wet around us. There's fights everywhere, and it quickly becomes apparent I'm the one that's supposed to lead my friends out of there. Break them free...So I start yelling out on top of all the noise and screaming, people are getting beat up and stabbed left and right, but someone grabs my hand tight and I look up and it's Turk. He gives me a quick kiss and I start pulling him through some hallways and through the rest of the mob of prisoners. JD and Dr. Cox quickly join us, somehow we're all wearing the jumpers and face masks. We finally find a way to an outside alley, where there's a car that is supposed to be our getaway vehicle...but whoever the driver is, keeps letting go of the breaks and making us run further. Every time I reach the handle they let go and I hear someone laughing inside. I turn around and the cops grabbed JD, Dr. Cox just disappeared and Turk is pissed off that whoever I found for us to drive us to safety is being a douche.

From there I'm somewhere in the forest, or at least in a woodsy place with tall pine trees and little cabins that are gift shops. There's people dressed in medieval clothes, like it's some sort of Renaissance fair and when I look up a hill, there's someone actually slaying a goddamn dragon. A live one, and people are clapping. Nice show, I guess. I am with a friend of my mom's, who I've only seen twice in my life (in real life) and we're looking around in this little country themed shop at some place mats. All of a sudden, she says my mom is there with my aunts and I freak out. I hadn't told my mom where I was going, I had lied about where I was going to be and I didn't want her to see me. Also, I'm wearing this countrified sun dress my mom made me, that would be recognizable in an instant, so I dart outside the back door of the store and hide. There's quite a few windows in the store, and I hear my mom talking inside and saying how pretty it is outside. There's also a lot of room between cabin and cabin so if I make a run for it, in my stupid dress, she'll see me. So every time she looks out a window of the store, I'm sneaking around the other side of the cabin hiding from her. Eventually she says something like "I could've swore I saw someone familiar out there..." and she walks out of the store and starts circling the cabin, and we're playing this stupid hide and seek game for a few minutes before she catches a glimpse of me...and just says "Really? Again? Find yourself a place to live. You're no longer my problem."

So I just sit there, on a giant rock, with my flowered dress and faded boots and the sun is shining through the trees...and I have no words to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment