6.18.2010

Ghost


I chase your memory through empty days. It's like loving a ghost, an entity that completely disappears from my life for long periods of life, then when I least expect it, you are there again. You're almost palpable when you are around.

I wish you could put your hand on my chest, and feel my heart flutter to life from it's dull state of existence, just by feeling you back into my life. I wish you could see the smile on my face, and the spring on my step.

But you are a ghost. Sometimes you're there, most times you're not. How does it work for you? Am I your ghost? Just a mist of a thought that pops through your mind whenever nothing else has your attention. Just an image that runs through your mind when you get your human urges. Something you don't have to deal with if you don't want to, one second I'm there...the next you've exorcised me from your life.

I'm tired of chasing shadows. Are you real? Were you ever? Stop haunting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment