5.09.2010

Aggression


I thought I'd have a significant blog post today...but I find myself a little peeved.

I'll keep it short and to the point. Men find it easy to hide behind the endless list of excuses that sound good in their head and insulting to our ears.

This whole "I'm a guy, just be straight with me otherwise I won't get why you'd be mad at me" line gets old. Quick.

We're not idiots, you know. As much as you'd like to pretend we don't know what you're up to or what you're really doing, specially if we're not there by your side, it's all a load of bologna. We know. We always know.

We know when you're busy with something else or when we're not top priority in your life, even if you swear up and down that your sole purpose for living is us.

You say you can't read our minds, yet you KNOW something's wrong when we're quiet or giving you monosyllabic answers. So you're not that dense after all!

How about you level with me. I'm not someone you can just bs around with. Relationships are 50/50. You mean to tell me you have time to do an array of things, but not 5 minutes to answer or check in with me?

You mean to seriously tell me you're sitting there pouring your little heart out saying you love and miss me...when I'm there? Literally RIGHT THERE. All you have to do is take the time to talk to me or reach out to me, instead of assuming I'm the one that doesn't want to talk?

Why do *I* have to make the first move? Why do I have to do anything? Why do I have to come up with the ideas, and the future and the planning? For once I'd like to sit back and see you follow through with all the 'dreams' that are to be had.

So what if I say this now: The ball's on your court. I'm tired of making the decisions. Of being the one asking first. Of being the one bringing up the serious talks. Give me the time, uninterrupted. Show me my place in your life.

Can't handle it? Then be upfront. End it.

1 comment: