11.17.2010

Eye Candy


Red is my favorite color. Or at least I think it is...

How much influence does my favorite color have over my choices in life? My mood? My clothing?

I have recently become infatuated with gummy bears. It's like I've re-discovered how much I enjoyed nibbling off their tiny heads and limbs...how delicious the fruity, gelatinous treat slides in mouth and dances on my tongue. It almost sounds perverted...almost.

That being said...I typically start by eating the red ones first. Instinctively I dart all over the bag fishing out those bright red pieces of joy, and as they become fewer...I feel my smile fading. Why? The white clear ones are good. So are the orange ones. Why do I dismiss those other tasty treats so easily? I literally throw them away. Bryan called me the 'Gummy Racist'. It hit me like a ton of bricks and I felt shame. Then, I threw the non-red ones away.

I love ketchup on everything, and always have. As a kid I remember I loved it on all my food because it looked pretty in red. I tried the green ketchup and hated it. Fruits? My favorites are strawberries, cherries and raspberries. Bananas are awesome, but I never really eat pick them if they're next to some red fruit. Most of my jerseys are red. Every jewelry piece I create or painting I work on, must have red bases. What other candies do I like? Sweet Tarts are my favorite...the red ones. Skittles? The red ones. Now and Then's? ...The red ones. The others taste awesome, but they end up in the trash. My favorite chocolates are Ferrero Rocher or Twix, but always end up buying Kit Kats...red wrappers. Visual stimulation?

I'm not a big fan of green. So I never eat anything lime/lemon flavored. It grosses me out. Even though I like the actual fruit...

I don't know where my thoughts are...but I'm out of gummy bears...so I'm actually googling companies that ship them by the pound, in solid red. No other colors.

I'm a sad, sad weirdo.

Until later, signing off:
The Gummy Racist


3 comments:

  1. this is what happens to diabetics when their sugar is low.

    ReplyDelete
  2. arent the puerto rican gummi bears green?

    and hahahah at panda and at panda jerk :)

    ReplyDelete