11.23.2010

Do Not Say You Love Me


Why say it?

Is love a single, solitary feeling? A complicated set of chemical reactions? Words written by a drunken fool with a broken heart, centuries ago?

Dictionary say it's:
  • a strong positive emotion of regard and affection
  • any object of warm affection or devotion
  • have a great affection or liking for
  • beloved: a beloved person; used as terms of endearment
Apparently it has mostly to do with feelings. Alright. I'll concede to some of that...

However, I do not - in any way - believe that loving someone is solely saying so or expressing how much I am missed if I'm not there. It is not a parade of promises or acting one way in public, then being utterly different in private.

It is not telling me how lucky you are to have me in your life, or how happy I make you or how amazing I am. It's not telling me I'm beautiful or sexy. It's not telling me you're there for me. It's not using me for your own means, and your own happiness and good times.

If...IF I considered love a word...it would be a verb. An action. Do something!

When I love something or someone, I actively search for it and make it work. I make it happen. Whatever and everything I can do to show it. I give out of myself, materially or physically for someone...even if I don't have it...so that my loved one can be ensured, positive, certain that when I say I love them, I am the embodiment of it.

Do not say you love me. Find your passion in life and go after it. Show the world your heart.

Stop taking love's name in vain. Be free.

2 comments:

  1. how about if i say something else instead...um, Yari, i have a strong positive emotion of regard and affection for you. uh, yeah, that might work if i was Spock. I love you! :D

    ReplyDelete