5.31.2011

Low Pressure


I lost my lid at lunch. Actually have lost it all day long. I needed to talk to someone.

I even resorted to dialing my best friends numbers...Arelys and David. It's like I went back to 10 years ago and how they made everything ok. They were my rocks. No one answered. I left voicemails that will probably make them doubt my sanity.

I drove around town for a bit, but my chest felt tight and I started sobbing. I don't know why. I wasn't thinking anything other than feeling trapped and hopeless. I pulled over in an empty parking lot.

I frantically looked in my purse for something with sharp edges. Credit card didn't do it. Pen didn't do it. Damn me for cleaning out my purse and car. Nothing around me.

There, in a tiny compartment, laid my tire pressure gage. I looked at it for a few seconds, flipped it over...and found a sharp edge in the most unlikely of corners.

I hit a new kind of low today. Crack addicts have nothing on me. I'm better than this. Or not.

1 comment:

  1. i'm sorry i wasnt around. dont' be too hard on yourself, we all slip. i love you.

    ReplyDelete