5.13.2011

Friday, the 13th



I overslept again,
But really I'm undersleeping.

Last night's paint wouldn’t come off my hands.
My hair refused to settle,
So a tangled mess it is.
Like tiny snakes coiling around my face,
Getting in my eyes
Crying ‘Revolution!’

My favorite shirt had a stain,
So I stared at the closet
Time ticking, Tick Toc…
My feet are swollen…
Late for work. No time for thoughts.
Car smells like ass and
Won’t…refuses to start.

No breakfast. Hands shaking.
Stupid diabetes, stupid sun in my eyes.
Thirty calls waiting for me,
Everyone forgot how to work.
Hour long support call,
To be made feel dumb. Die, Bob.
My stomach is in knots.

Forgot my meds. I'm sad.

Trying to put on make up,
I broke the spongey face sponge.
Now it looks like it has a mouth.
Garble garble. I giggle. Danny says I’m weird.
You’re weird too, Danny.
Dropped the foundation all over my pants,
At least they’ll look blemish free?
Boss cussing and slamming mouse,
I sit here wondering why my car smells.

I need to walk away from my desk,
NO COFFEE IN THE BREAK ROOM!
Chatty redhead bores me,
Says she makes good coffee.
Made some from home,
That tasted like coconut
And looked like tea.
You talk too much, woman,
And your coffee is weak.
Sit back down. Wait for lunch…

Traffic, almost died, hot outside.
I got trapped in middle lane,
And had to take the long way back.
Food was cold, lettuce was warm,
Diet Coke was watery. Strike two.
Guy turned illegally, I swerved,
Cussed out loud. Thought of mom.
Thought of Dad. Thought of soon.
Elevator broke at work,
Climb up three floors.
Can’t eat lunch, phone is ringing.
On call weekend. All coworkers gone.
I like Thor. Just not his hammer.
It’s Friday the 13th…

And my car smells like ass.

2 comments:

  1. Did you see thor? it looks fabulous. I might like his hammer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry i didnt comment on like...your awful day. it's over now my darling. i hope you start sleeping well soon <3

    ReplyDelete