5.26.2011

I Think I Need A Sunrise...


I woke up elated, ended up mad.
I woke up so happy, finished it sad.
I wanted to write, but I forgot.
Wanted so much...this is all I got.

I cannot fight the battles alone
Or carry the weight uphill by myself
It is not my job to have enough faith,
To pretend I am a perfect woman.

It is my right to feel, to love, to live.
To encourage, to demand, to support.
To speak freely and listen equally so.
Understood? No. But to understand.

I'm tired. Weight of the World is on replay. The blade is cool. You find peace. I cannot, obviously, bring you any.

"She said I think I'll go to Boston...
I think I'll start a new life,

I think I'll start it over,
where no one knows my name
.

I'll get out of California,
I'm tired of the weather,

I think I'll get a lover
and fly him out to Spain...


Oh yeah and I think I'll go to Boston,

I think that I'm just tired
I think I need a new town,
to leave this all behind...

I think I need a sunrise,
I'm tired of the sunset,

I hear it's nice in the Summer,
some snow would be nice...


You don't know me, you don't even care, oh yeah..."


~"Boston" by Augustana

1 comment:

  1. for a minute i thought you would really come to boston! maybe one day <3

    ReplyDelete