8.20.2010

The Night Has A Thousand Eyes...


Last night. In my head. In a galaxy far far away:

This couch is comfortable...I love how it cradles my neck and holds me close.

Maybe I'll sleep tonight, although it's already 1 a.m. and I'm completely wired.

This is a cool phone, I have to tweak it this weekend. Oh! crap! I have 5 Word Wise games going, it's probably my turn...HOW DOES HE GET ALL THE GOOD LETTERS?! UGH!

I should mess with the weather widget some more...no. Stop.

I'm hungry, but my sugar is too high already. My heart's beating too fast. Breathe.

Just leave me alone, stop messaging me, I don't want to talk.

Iowa should be nice in September.

30 days. I'm nervous. Maybe this is a bad idea. I don't think I can do this. I'm such a loser.

I have a bad feeling. I want everything to just be over and done with. It'll be easier for everyone.

I wonder what Cathy's doing?

Gotta pee.

He loves me. He loves me not.

Silly girl.

Oooo I like this song.

It's 2 a.m.?? Sigh.

*falls asleep* *dreaming a white hand is gripping me by my neck, choking me and shoving me off the bed* *falls off couch, hits head on iron table, opens gash and bleeds*

Great. Just great. I wonder if I need stitches. I'll wait it out.

I'm nervous. *checks phone* *checks Twitter* *biting lip*

I'm hungry. My chest hurts, stupid murmur. Oooo I gotta pee, again.

*rise out bloody towel, presses it on head again*

WordWise. My turn. W-H-E-A-T. Take THAT, hmph. Wait...only 12 points?! Sigh.

I'm sleepy. Should I sleep with a concussion? *alarm goes off*

Time for work...

I'm just going to quit everything. It'll be easier. It'll hurt less.

Right...work.

The night has a thousand eyes,
And the day but one;
Yet the light of the bright world dies
With the dying of the sun.

The mind has a thousand eyes,
And the heart but one;
Yet the light of a whole life dies
When love is done.

~Francis William Bourdillon


1 comment:

  1. one of my favorite poems.
    I was up probably reading or tossing and turning
    whats in 30 days? do you have more training in Iowa?
    how did you hit your head?
    TURN OFF YOUR DAMN PHONE AND REST!!!
    :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete