1.27.2010

When suicidal...Zumba!



Yesterday I feared I had reached a breaking point inside me. I went from angry, to hateful and spiteful, to saying bye to myself. Then I got called bitter, and though I wanted to pretend I didn't give a crap what people thought of me...it hurt.

I decided to take up my co-worker's offer to join her on a fun dance class at the local college. Zumba. I had sorta heard about it, figured it was way too energetic for me and had never tried to do it. I said "what the heck it's only $5 and 30 minutes, it can't hurt".

Watch that video above...that is a 'cool down' video. As in that's how the class ends. It was an hour long. I can't feel any part of my body, not even the angry bitter part. What's better...I didn't walk out. I didn't quit. I kept pushing myself harder and really getting into the music and movements. Turns out I'm a sexy fat ass. Yes. Me. Sexy. I can move, I can shake it and I have a feeling this workout might do wonders for my self confidence.

I'm sweaty and unattractive at the moment. But I feel hyper and hopeful. I didn't give up. I can't believe I did the whole hour.

P.S. My original theory that Zumba instructors must shoot up cocaine all day to do this stands. My instructor is insane. Also, here is a video of my friend Theresa who lives in Hobbs, NM and is a Zumba instructor. She gives four 1 hr classes a day. She has to be on something.


1 comment:

  1. i'm so proud of you!!!!!! and strangely enough, this is what i look like in my living room on m-w-f when emma's in school :D i've been zumba-ing my ass for a few months now! hee hee

    ReplyDelete