1.28.2010

And there was a second day...


I love her and I hate her. She has a way of moving her body that makes her seem like a choreographer/fairy. Also, she must be on some sort of speed. Damn it. The woman is insane to do this twice a day. I love and hate my zumba teacher.

Today's class seem to go by faster, or maybe I knew what was coming and made an effort to shake it like a salt shaker (because Polaroid pictures are overrated and sort of blurry). I'm equally tired though, and after a shower and a quick bite to eat, I'm down for the count.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Two nights ago, I was watching t.v. and my doggy Bluje was all up in my lap, owning my personal space as usual. He knows that I am unable to resist the soft part under his floppy ears that meets the side of his neck. I will kiss it until I am reminded that I am allergic to short haired dogs, and go into a rash frenzy. He's totally worth the itchiness.

I noticed something on the outside corner of his eye, a tiny bump. I felt my heart stop and leaned in to inspect him thoroughly (picture a mother baboon with its baby). There it was, a tiny tumor, just like the cancerous one we removed last July from the side of his tummy. I remembered how grateful I had been that his cancer was able to be completely removed, and though he looked like Frankenpup (or a sideways football?), he had gone back to his normal joyful 2 yr old self. I freaked out, like most moms do, and went to my mom and showed her (equally freaking out...or was it doubly?).

They made him an appointment for this morning at 9 a.m. to 'check it out'. I got a call from Bluje's grandparents informing me that the doctor decided to do surgery immediately and remove it, since it was still small. Given his history of cancer he didn't want to wait long to find out and then schedule a surgery separately. So, I borrowed $160.00 from my aunt and saved my pup's life again. He's happy and safe, the doctor says there's no danger and that I'm a good mom for noticing it right away, even if it was tiny.

I feel immensely happy and a little melancholic. That's what it costs to kill the big "C" in my pup. $160 and I get to enjoy him for a while longer, and he's in good health. The price of my dog's life. My grandmother's big "C"...no money in the world could stop it. No matter what the amount, it would've been looked for and found, to have her a while longer with me and in good health.

Here's to you, Bluje. I should change your name to Lucky. And deuces to you, Grandma. Sorry I didn't have $160.00 when I was 12. I couldn't have saved you, but I would've bought us some of your favorite pizza and new shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment