8.17.2011

Fresh Outta Nice

For about two months now, the "new guy" at work - whom which I have a love/hate relationship with - has been coming to me for advice on what to do with his recent love issues. Every time, I have told him to take it easy. He just got off a 15+ yr relationship, in which he only stayed out of duty and his 'honor'. He's struck up several romances at the same time...but not wanting to be in a serious one. I warned him one of them...if not all....would at some point demand more from him than he was ever intending to give.

This is today's convo. He picked the wrong day to come crying.

New Guy:
well kinda good. i have to talk to the austin about things...she's getting clingy.
Yari:
ok
New Guy:
she's probably not going to take things so well
and it kinda bothers me
i told you she was moving to pecos, right?
Yari:
I'm shocked that she wont take things well...really...this is my shocked face.
and yes you did.
New Guy:
well i've guarded myself from the beginning
and somehow it backfired
and she wants more than i offered to give her
and i won't ever move to pecos
and i don't want long distance even if it's 1hr away
and even though i'm sure they are wonderful children, i don't want to raise 4 kids
Yari:
yeah.
New Guy:
and she is a great person and we've had some wonderful experiences
and she understands me and gets me
and we can relate...but...see above
Me:
did you tell her that from the beginning. right off the bat?
New Guy:
well i kinda. first of all, she only talked about moving to pecos as a thought or a dream..then it was going to be next year, then it turns out she is moving tomorrow
so she knows i was out of the relationship and wasn't ready for anything
Yari:
doesnt matter...kinda doesn't cut it.
if it was a dream
or next year
New Guy:
she hasn't pressured me into anything and she tells me that...but then she turns around and does pressure me in a way.
Yari:
youre never moving to pecos...ever. She should know.
no, but she's sure as hell hoping you change your mind
New Guy:
sigh
Yari:
sometimes, i really wonder if im the only one that can see crap happening to people.
I mean, surely youre not that naive!
New Guy:
lol i'm not
but i have hopes
Yari:
hopes that you can have your cake and eat it too.
New Guy:
nooo
if i get serious with a certain someone...i really don't need anymore cake
and that's the honest truth
i really thought things were over and gone between me and the other girl... and i would just ride things out with this one..seeing each other every 3 or 4 weeks, ya know...?
so it would be ok
Yari:
no
you just wanted to stick your finger
in every cake
taste them all without having to pick which was your flavor right away
and not having to pay for any of them
New Guy:
what! i pay
in my own way
New Guy:
it was supposed to be me time i guess
Yari:
No, they pay
and it was supposed to be time for you, like I told you weeks ago
not to be looking to be tied up again
especially when your feelings are so conflicted
New Guy:
*silence*
Yari:
i wasnt trying to bust your balls before because i was trying to be a bitch
I was simply telling you how it was gonna go down
when you made certain choices and you led these chicks on
it doesnt take a scientist
just some common sense
we live in a world where people are lonely
people need love
are looking for company
for the 'right one'
its not a world where you can tell every girl pretty things
make her feel nice, better about herself, loved during sex
and expect her NOT to assume its a lot more serious than it really is
this isn't a trip to Sam's where you can sample crap
and not buy
these are people
people that sometimes have been through rough situations
broken hearts
so for you to come in with your romanticism, pretty words, making them feel good about themselves when no one else has done that for them in a long time
yeah...feelings happen.
New Guy:
then i'm better off just being a recluse and never show off my light
Yari:
no
show your light to whores
cuz theyre the only ones that wont get attached
and you can keep your freedom
New Guy:
i don't want hoes
ho's
Yari:
oh well.
New Guy:
lol
Yari:
that's what girls end up being
when they run into you
they give you deep stuff back
only to be kicked to the curb and made think it was never serious
just a good time
New Guy:
wow
tell me how you really feel...damn
but that's not the truth
even if you feel that way
Yari:
sure. whatever helps you sleep at night
youre all about being blunt and honest
because that's what friends do
i dont like half the crap you tell me
but I take it
because youre outside my box
and you see things I don't
about myself
about my actions
But your arrogance and inability to learn to love yourself...your reluctance be by yourself... all these will be your own downfall
and this time you wont be able to blame it on doing the right thing
on being the man you thought you should be
because now you have choices
you have freedom
to NOT repeat history
many don't get that chance
you have it

New Guy has logged off.

No comments:

Post a Comment