12.13.2010

I've Done Alright For A Girl

The memories we've buried
Have just taken seed
When springtime comes
They'll turn into weeds
And they'll creep through your window
to smother your dreams...

...Yeah, fate has a funny way
of coming around.



The guitar, covered in dust and without a single string in tune, has been sitting in the corner of my bedroom since July. Around the same time I lost all interest in playing it, and music started hurting.

I picked it up two nights ago, when I felt the same hurt that made me put it away in the first place. I played for a while, took this picture and figured, what doesn't kill me...may not make me stronger, but hey, makes me who I am.

I think certain things are dying, and many more will be over. I have my family flying in from Puerto Rico on Dec. 21st and staying for a few weeks up here...in my very tiny two bedroom home. We'll go to New Mexico, see snow and play in it. I'll probably bake while my two aunts and mom, three sisters, sit on the counter laughing at the stuff I come up with and how much like my grandma I am. We'll get quiet, I'll crack a joke...

I'm going to sink in the tub for a bit. Please get out of my head.


2 comments:

  1. enjoy your aunts, my dear, i'll be baking too, i hope. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps i love the poem in the corner, is that yours?

    ReplyDelete