7.13.2012

Says Who?


Says who?

I find myself wondering that a lot lately. I ask it of many things that are arising in my life for the first time and of things that I've always been told are a certain way simply 'because'.

In a week, I will be 28. I have no children. "Don't you want any? Shouldn't you get on that already?" I answer "Says who?"

I am a 28 year old woman. I enjoy, nay, LOVE wearing bright sneakers or shoes. Jeans. Tees. Everywhere. Unless you request that I dress up, I shall not. I do love boy shoes very much. There is no such thing as boy Jordans. There's simply Jordans. "So, you wear boy shoes? So you wear bright colors and childish attire? So you like comics and toys? Shouldn't you tone it down and start acting your age?" I answer "Says who?"

"I'll never make a living with art or an art degree. You need ambition. You need a career. You need to think ahead. Have a plan. Where do you see yourself?" Me? I see myself in a small house, with what I need, enough money to pay my bills, living my life. Get it? Living? Going out for a gd ice cream cone on a summer's eve? "That's not realistic. I couldn't see myself living like that. I don't see how you don't want more." I answer, "Says who? I want more. Just not what you want."

"You can't start over?" Says who.
"You are not being fair to others by putting yourself first. That's not reasonable." Says who.
"Not everything in life can be fun and relaxing." Says who.

"Life, love, decisions...are all complicated."

Says. Who.

1 comment:

  1. i love this song. i love this blog. Live YOUR life YOUR way and be HAPPY!!!

    love, Daisy Jay <3

    ReplyDelete