10.19.2011

For The Love Of Bacon (Untitled Poem)


I ask you if you love me

You say what you love first.

My crazy curly hair

The freckles on my nose


I make a face and laugh.

You snuggle close and sigh,

"I'd give up all I have,

to get lost in those eyes."


My mouth twists in doubt,

and you just continue...

"I love your artful soul,

the song that lives within you...


The way you give your love

to anyone who'll have it.

Your toes, your hands, your voice

your every little habit.


The way you see the world,

your mind, how it shines through.

That silly hat, your twirl,

The passion you exude.


But most of all I love

What I mean to you.

The way you say my name,

that YOU love me, too."


Reluctantly conceeding

to your lengthy proclamation.

"Fine, you win", I say,

"Now let's go grab some bacon."


~ Yari

No comments:

Post a Comment