4.25.2011

New Ink, New Tune


So, I got my first tattoo. Today. In Alpine, TX.

I've been wanting one for a while...never could decide what I wanted...or if I was brave enough to carry it.

This weekend I went to see the Railroad Revival Tour: Mumford & Sons, Old Crow Medicine Show and Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros. It awoke something in me, along with a good person I have in my life and the overall experience helped me realize the answer to my tattoo was simple: Music. There you have it. A bass clef and two notes.

Tonight, also, I wrote a new song. I haven't written one in a while...but the words just came out at the moment...so why not?

Here's the link to the mp3:

http://kiwi6.com/file/c6n217gw6a

Lyrics to "The Night Was Ours":

We walk the streets,
our arms entwined like drunken snakes.
Beneath our feet,
the path just winds to the unknown.

Past boarded doors,
and dusty windows with "For Sale"
Down corridors,
our breaths now hike. our voices meek.

Speed up, my dear,
the dawn is breaking, we're headed home.

This night belonged
to words you mumbled on my mouth
To that old song
that flowed between us with the wine.

This night was bred
by secret dances on a bus
our lips are red
from kissing slowly all along...

Keep up, my love,
the sun is chasing us towards home...

And when we wake
Don't be surprised if it's all gone.
The love was made,
The time now came to be alone.

And when you wake,
Don't cry a tear if I'm not there.
The dreams we made,
Will still be tangled in your hair.

Go sleep my dear, we made it home.

(Copyright Yaritza Carrillo 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment