4.10.2009

Free Fallin'


I’m being brave, reckless tonight,
Throwing all caution to the wind
Ready to put up a hell of a fight,
Hoping to God that this time I win.

This eve has no room for fear
Who cares what the future brings?
A grin is stretched from ear to ear
A heart’s alive, and this heart sings.

I’m taking the leap, risking it all
Opening my chest, to let you in.
Do not be afraid, let yourself fall
I’ve opened the door, won’t you come in?

Do you see it too? Look at our sky,
On this nervous night, all stars shine.
Pick one, I’ll get it…I think I can fly
A starlight bouquet, for he who is mine.

Today, for me, there’s no holding back
I sit here beside you, filling the gaps.
Asking that you overlook all I lack,
Just give me the chance, a quiet ‘perhaps’.

-Yari 09

No comments:

Post a Comment