1.22.2009

It Snows...


In accord with the coldness I feel inside today, outside...the grayest day in existence. It snows...it drizzles. The cold breeze cuts at my face, just like the emptiness slashes in my chest.


Are you thinking of me? Are you out there looking for me? There's more to me than what you see. Give me a chance, don't turn away. Please just...stay. Nobody will make you feel like I can. Who needs anything else in the world except for this precise moment. You have but to look in my eyes and you'll see, I've been here a lifetime...waiting for your smile. I cannot hurt you, don't walk away please...just...two more seconds...please. It's cold.

Stay long enough, for me to realize you are not a dream. Every time I blink...every time my eyes close...your face haunts me. The sadness in your eyes breaks me. Give me some of your time, I want to see you smile. I could write a thousand page novel just on the way your lips part when you sigh...the way your eyes glisten.

Sit down...stay a while

No comments:

Post a Comment